RCB Gold 2013 v3

_Ox_Weapon_xO_

Editado 17 de mar�o de 2013 - 17:16:45 por _Ox_Weapon_xO_
Someone dying at that time makes zero sense. And I haven't been able to replicate any bug like that. I think you guys are just getting hacked.

It freezing is still bull****. It's just the crap engine at this point.

It attacked the bs and university isn't that big of a deal but I'll fix it I guess... Somehow. I'll give all Gaia units 30k hp.
URL | Responder | Citar
 Alfz

Postado 20 de mar�o de 2013 - 20:32:14
Weapon I would like you to take this game I played as the symbol why the fire boat is ****: http://www.voobly.com/match/view/8162820 . Think over it. http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/145487
URL | Responder | Citar
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Editado 20 de mar�o de 2013 - 23:51:19 por _Ox_Weapon_xO_
^That is bull****. He did screw himself over and you may have won if you went to mid to be ready for p2. I'd report p2 anyways since he used the wall view exploit bug to help him win. Next version I'm just going to do it (i.e. all palisade walls in the base will be automatically removed except for around the perimeter of the base). Too many people use that exploit without penalty even though they shouldn't get away with it; most of the time they do.

I hadn't accounted on people being gay like that using villies to repair the fireships and go back and forth either. I'll try to figure out a workaround for the next update (probably limiting the number of fireships to 1 to start with); but I want to make it another good update so it may not be until end of may, then rated June. Sorry you had to be gayed like that.

here's a list of v4 things so far...

v4 things to change/look at list:
  • fix full pop
  • stop monks converting boats if possible
  • increase global by one king and harald back to 20 sec power-up
  • give boats techs with them too probably just for one more king in the buy
  • Increase fireship ap back to 100 or replace with demo ship (maybe... limit number of ships to 1 too)
  • 4 tamerlane for one king
  • Tamerlane for 9 still but 2011 v2 power-up area and rate (could have areas near trees in mid used for power-up too)
  • decrease number of palisade walls you can build in addition to fixing view exploit bug by having all walls remove in the base except the perimeter
  • give all civs one less king?
  • add in a base defense buy? makes gates around base perimeter, and some bombards around pyramid
  • add extra square length of width to bases?
URL | Responder | Citar
 Coat_of_Arms

Postado 29 de mar�o de 2013 - 18:20:10
Today, my RCB game crashed.
The fighting was around p2(Chinese), who attacked me, p1 (Mayan) and p3 (Mongol). I and p3 fought from time to time: I had Robin+Plumbed , Mongol Mangudai+Heavy CavArch and Chinese only CKN. The others (p4 Celt and p5 Teuton) had under 200-300 kills, I think, anyway far away from the rest; p2 had around 500, and me and p3 1000 each.
And suddenly freeze: neither alt+tab worked (the window-switching screen remained on the screen), but I could run Task Manager to kill it...to discover the others did the same.

There weren't huge battles, so it could be a RCB bug? Dows it help if I give you the record?
URL | Responder | Citar
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Editado 30 de mar�o de 2013 - 02:22:55 por _Ox_Weapon_xO_
Today, my RCB game crashed.
The fighting was around p2(Chinese), who attacked me, p1 (Mayan) and p3 (Mongol). I and p3 fought from time to time: I had Robin+Plumbed , Mongol Mangudai+Heavy CavArch and Chinese only CKN. The others (p4 Celt and p5 Teuton) had under 200-300 kills, I think, anyway far away from the rest; p2 had around 500, and me and p3 1000 each.
And suddenly freeze: neither alt+tab worked (the window-switching screen remained on the screen), but I could run Task Manager to kill it...to discover the others did the same.

There weren't huge battles, so it could be a RCB bug? Dows it help if I give you the record?

RCB is a big map. I've done everything I can do to mitigate freezing, I believe so anyways. When it still freezes now it's just the game engine not being able to handle the scenario. Thanks for the info though but it isn't necessary to post something like that again since I can't do anything about it.

I've had it freeze with two people left when no one was fighting at all, lol. It sucks. I know this. I don't think freezing pisses anyone off more than me since I went out of my way to remake the whole scenario to try and stop it.

Edit: I suck at grammar
URL | Responder | Citar
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Editado 30 de mar�o de 2013 - 22:56:35 por _Ox_Weapon_xO_
Just so we're clear here. Any player using the view exploit in bases 1,2,7 and 8 is utilizing a map exploit and should get -150 points. I was hesitant to fix this because a lot of players like to do the build 4 walls around a tower trick and ungarrison them so they stack on each other but they won't be able to do this in the next update. In addition some players like to build palisade walls in random places too. However, all palisade walls minus around the base perimeter and the pyramid will be removed in the next update automatically.
URL | Responder | Citar
 Coat_of_Arms

Postado 10 de abril de 2013 - 14:53:28
I see that every civ gets a different number of kings at start, as in any RCB version.
What I don't get is why random people (not from p1 to p8) get their civ's bonus kings faster than the rest. Today I played a 1v1 Japanese RCB match (v3, the 1v1 version isn't rated or I didn't download it), and my enemy got the +2 kings right at the start. He imped and GG. I got my imp kings minutes later, after I was already lost. (he would have beated me anyway, but I could stand a chance with those imp kings).

Short: Why do people/civs get bonus kings faster that others(including same civ)?
URL | Responder | Citar
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Editado 10 de abril de 2013 - 15:40:31 por _Ox_Weapon_xO_
I don't know why it's like that. I just transferred it over from the previous versions. I suppose the most fair way to program it would be to have it detect all the castle units rather that some civs being instant via techs.

If I had to guess I'd say it's just like that out of convenience. Persians get Mahouts so use Mahouts to detect persians. It researches mahouts for all players but only persians get it so it's just a convenient way to detect them.

I think japs are programmed via the castle. RCB, lol. I recently learned you can use hot keys before you even see the screen in the game. (i.e. when the loading screen goes away) So yeah, that's probably how they beat you to imp so quick. ctrl+v => go to castle, then shift+t => bank 5 castle unit

I wonder if RM players know that... that's a solid 2-3 second lead on your opponent then.
URL | Responder | Citar
 [sT]thunderbird

Postado 10 de abril de 2013 - 15:51:26
lol combot stop bashing noobs
and for all the noobs who dont know this yet, you get those kings upon recruiting your first unit from a castle.
URL | Responder | Citar
 Coat_of_Arms

Postado 10 de abril de 2013 - 16:15:08
I don't know why it's like that. I just transferred it over from the previous versions. I suppose the most fair way to program it would be to have it detect all the castle units rather that some civs being instant via techs.

If I had to guess I'd say it's just like that out of convenience. Persians get Mahouts so use Mahouts to detect persians. It researches mahouts for all players but only persians get it so it's just a convenient way to detect them.

I think japs are programmed via the castle. RCB, lol. I recently learned you can use hot keys before you even see the screen in the game. (i.e. when the loading screen goes away) So yeah, that's probably how they beat you to imp so quick. ctrl+v => go to castle, then shift+t => bank 5 castle unit

I wonder if RM players know that... that's a solid 2-3 second lead on your opponent then.
It's been years since the last time opened the map editor and I forgot there's no trigger that determined civ :( . So I should remember to train an unit to get my kings...
Could you please note it on Hints on the next RCB version?
URL | Responder | Citar
 ComBoT

Editado 10 de abril de 2013 - 16:36:21 por ComBoT
asd, i thought he was a smurf ;2blush
Anyway those 2 games r my first games vs lower rating, so why stop bashing??? no sense ;)

BTW weapon can i ask you who gives the suggestion if the changes for v4???
v4 things to change/look at list:
  • fix full pop
  • stop monks converting boats if possible
  • increase global by one king and harald back to 20 sec power-up
  • 4 tamerlane for one king
  • Tamerlane for 9 still but 2011 v2 power-up area and rate increased by 1 second to every 6 (could have areas near trees in mid used for power-up too)
  • decrease number of palisade walls you can build in addition to fixing view exploit bug by having all walls remove in the base except the perimeter and around pyramid
  • give all civs one less king
  • change anti-delete to gaia hawk instead of horse
  • limit haralds to 3
  • transport 5 kings for total pop of 10 only
  • fireship 4 kings with timelimit of 15 minutes, keep current ap, and limit ship number to 1
  • prevent attacking gaia units and blacksmith/university
  • expand base width by 1 square
  • Program lockable spawn units
  • Some sort of bonus for p2 and p6 in games with 7 players and something similar for 6 and 5 players
  • Give beli, william, and theo the imp upgrades when bought
  • have a buy to remove all palisade walls and gates surrounding the base on the map
  • Make mid area more distinct regardless of reducing tamerlane power-up or not
  • Monks 1 for 1 again
  • Some sort of bonus for Scythian Scout (i.e. a power-up in mid?, more hp?)
  • treb 3.5 kings
  • harald 4.5?
  • delay villager if you go imperial by X minutes or have it as super store buy
  • give maya and brits 4 regular paladins at start?
  • improve auto-balance?
  • koreans +1 king
  • bonus for p2 and p5 in 7,6 player games
  • more room in back of base?
  • increase nevski power-up more?
  • Go through Auto map and see if there's anything good to transfer.
  • Mongols back to 2 kings?
  • koreans same stone as everyone else
  • super store harald at 4 kings? 4.5?
  • give everyone spies at start? (the super store buy)
  • add all units in base + hp/ap to super store?
  • replace defender with different unit with same power-up and stats? ... probably lord de graville
  • notifications for beli, william, theo, khan, harald, and mid
  • increase path sizes
  • timer for beli, william, theo? to open them up
  • adjust monk heal rate (probably just 2-3x)
  • change it so all civs get their units via castle unit creation?
  • add back in archers of the eyes on top store?

-Can you explain how full pop will work??
-Why 4 tamerlane?? 2 is good.
-why 1 less king for all civs??Some civs will be slowed down very badly.
-What do mean bonus for p2 and p6/p5?? and why should they have some kind of bonus instead of other spots??
-Scythan scout is good as it is. Why power up in mid?? -_-
-trebs for 4 kings is ok. Actually if you know how to use them, they'll rape!!!
-Nevski power up is ok -_-
-The villi is "ok" as it is don't turn it worse than this please! Because if i go imp why i can't take villi? Acutually if you do so you waste kings(if you just take in consideration the kings used), so why i have a penality time for it???

I really don't get why you feel to change so many things of the old version. 2011 was more popular, i think you are doing a good job trying to improve the map but don't focus on the changes but on fixing the map!!

P.S. There other points that aren't really usefull that will make the make the map a messy, but those are the most important in my opinion ;)
URL | Responder | Citar
 ComBoT

Postado 10 de abril de 2013 - 16:23:39

No...
URL | Responder | Citar
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Editado 10 de abril de 2013 - 16:35:22 por _Ox_Weapon_xO_
All of those changes aren't final but are just potential ideas I've thought of now/in the past to look at again. Few have been mentioned by other people. I still need to go through and cut the list down. Feel free to give feedback now. I won't get to cutting that list down and subsequently making the v4 version for 1.5 months or so.

URL | Responder | Citar
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Editado 13 de abril de 2013 - 19:56:09 por _Ox_Weapon_xO_
So I finally had the rare game bug which stated I deleted but I didn't touch anything. I think it occurred at exactly 10 minutes and at this time one of the stores is opened up along with a couple things being detected but I can't find anything that would trigger this. The store being opened affects gaia only and not p1. This does bother me but I have no idea what it could be. I may have gotten hacked too... idk. Damn thing.

Also, none of my buildings were destroyed by another player when this happened so I don't think it was a false trigger for the anti-delete. I'll find a workaround though since, I believe, it only happens at one specific time.
URL | Responder | Citar
 _Blaze_K

Postado 21 de junho de 2013 - 08:33:29
Any Updates ?

URL | Responder | Citar
123456[7]8
Exibindo 91 - 105 de 108 mensagens
Ir ao Fórum:
1 Usuário(s) estão lendo este tópico (Nos últimos 30 minutos)
0 membros, 1 convidado(s)

What's popular right now: