RCB Gold 2013 v3

_Ox_Weapon_xO_

Editado 7 de mar�o de 2013 - 22:56:20 por _Ox_Weapon_xO_
Alfz wrote:
This map is awful. Period. One improvement you made, which was the 20 ship thing, you removed it. People have fun now destroying castles with fire ships. What an awful map. Unrate it.

20 ship thing was OP'ed and other people agreed which is why it was removed ... Fireship attacking the castle yes and I tried to limit it's ap because of this and this was the reason why I removed it in a previous version before it was rated. Keep in mind someone is wasting three kings just to destroy 1 or maybe two of your castles. However, it's the only viable thing to boat against walls/gates:
  • Demo ship => too high ap needed instantly killing 1-2 castles without any chance for defense
  • Galleons => can attack from too far away and could potentially dodge castle arrows leading to a long boring battle/an even more annoying asshole
  • Fireship => needs to get up close like demo ship but takes more time to knock down gate/castle and if they have castles full of archers it barely gets the job done.

I'll check and maybe reduce it's ap by 10 or so to see if it's still viable.

If you're mad about the khan thing yes I f'in agree it is a ridiculous bug and I feel bad for it because it is potentially game breaking if you don't know to watch for it. The rest of the map is fine currently and will be even more perfect in the (khan fix) version. I know it's harder to win via more balance in the map but that's the point and also to make it more fun via more options to kill people. Sorry if you're mad about the genitour being removed too but majority won and the genitour was added as a mistake to begin with by another editor (he had no idea units would react so differently to it). Skirms still work in numbers against infantry/archers but not that well against cav archers.... this was the same thing for the genitour although to a lesser extent.

Also, I forgot to mention the 20 ship thing would be really OP'ed with the cheaper ship cost... seriously just buy four ships if you want more guys dropped off because now with the reduced cost it's probably equivalent.
URL | Responder | Citar
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Postado 7 de mar�o de 2013 - 22:25:02
Changed fireship to 65ap from 100. Nerfed it. Happy =)
URL | Responder | Citar
 Joker_funn1

Postado 7 de mar�o de 2013 - 22:35:46
is correct map in voobly now? you link me map 144kb and not 167kb...
URL | Responder | Citar
 Joker_funn1

Editado 7 de mar�o de 2013 - 22:46:05 por Joker_funn1
have played this but...
<Game was not rated - reason: '=V= RCB 2013 v2.scx' is not authorized for rated play>
URL | Responder | Citar
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Editado 7 de mar�o de 2013 - 23:18:25 por _Ox_Weapon_xO_
Looks like PIN3 rated the new one.

[You must login to view link]

Looks like it's the most recently edited one with 65ap fireships too.
URL | Responder | Citar
 ComBoT

Postado 8 de mar�o de 2013 - 02:32:08
I guess the rcb community really like your work!! If not, try to think that some1 is trying to improve the map for us :D.

Anyway, i guess the 2011 version was 'good' for ffa/teams just need some fixed.
The map v3 that was rated just now, has some bad changes... archers of eyes from the start...<--bad. the delayed king 10 mins?! pals 400 hp, it would be better to make it normal....i mean actually i totaly disagree that almost all people pick archers at the start...i never picked them...always pals!!! The only good choice that the delayed king can make is the defender i really appraciate it, it make the games more balanced in some way, cuz you can almost kill some1 with only that so you can easy kill the player that is currently winning, it may be used by him too, but i think it will increase the fun of game cuz people will develop amazing tactics!!!
So your map from my point of view is just trying to help the unskilled people, because, on the previous post i read people saying byza got it easy etc...maybe it's true...but every map that is played with rdm civ will be in some ways unfair..i mean in cba if i'm azteck or any infantry civ(except japs) and next to me there is a byza i'm pretty done, unless my team mate help me, if i have one. In bloods too, i guess if i'm playing germs or veteran and i get byza vs japs...or even in smosh, i suck at it, but mongols vs teuto/persa...All my assumptions are based on players on the same level of skill, else there is no clue in arguing about unfair civ...
URL | Responder | Citar
 ComBoT

Editado 8 de mar�o de 2013 - 02:52:51 por ComBoT
Plus if take in consideration a ffa game, where there is a top player (A) and next to him a decent player (B)....the there isn't any civ that is going to take all razes down in the first minutes...so if A gets turks and B persa, in your map the turk will have a really really hard time, i mean he can even get robin with luck subotai if B mess totally..anyway A will have a hard time too after taking hero, cuz persa 200 pop or so isn't really a good food....you have to add that the archers at the start will just increase the gap between the two civs.
Different situation, if A choose pals at the start he can manage to get the gate with the guardian plus he will have advantage with the towers from the start, cuz persa can also pick pals or archers or the others...but it will take time to choose even if that's 10 secs...added to time to fill the towers, so once turk gets some razes he will own persa, at least for the first minutes, so he will be able to get 20 raz...
Why he will own persa, cuz if persa wants to get fed by all players saving the kings he have to take vill and the go imp with TC and making castles, it takes time, added to the slow spawn. Think about this.

(i know my english almost sux but i triend my best :P)
URL | Responder | Citar
 [sT]thunderbird

Editado 8 de mar�o de 2013 - 03:05:19 por [sT]thunderbird
ComBoT wrote:
Plus if take in consideration a ffa game, where there is a top player (A) and next to him a decent player (B)....the there isn't any civ that is going to take all razes down in the first minutes...so if A gets turks and B persa, in your map the turk will have a really really hard time, i mean he can even get robin with luck subotai if B mess totally..anyway A will have a hard time too after taking hero, cuz persa 200 pop or so isn't really a good food....you have to add that the archers at the start will just increase the gap between the two civs.
Different situation, if A choose pals at the start he can manage to get the gate with the guardian plus he will have advantage with the towers from the start, cuz persa can also pick pals or archers or the others...but it will take time to choose even if that's 10 secs...added to time to fill the towers, so once turk gets some razes he will own persa, at least for the first minutes, so he will be able to get 20 raz...
Why he will own persa, cuz if persa wants to get fed by all players saving the kings he have to take vill and the go imp with TC and making castles, it takes time, added to the slow spawn. Think about this.

dude you really need to play a game where you get turks next to persia...you will totally own him as far as the beginning goes...i would take archers of eye and keep my turk units for killing eles and raze all his towers, then transfer all my arcehrs to the middle towers and get the rest of the razes there while letting eles raze the towers at the cross which would give me ample time to get the rest of the razes at the middle.
URL | Responder | Citar
 ComBoT

Editado 8 de mar�o de 2013 - 03:25:58 por ComBoT
the thing is that players that have persa do just 1 thing--->villi--->TC--->castles+imp.
They don't even care about "who's next to me?"...good players will go castles plus imp...then make some pop and gg turk...so you will have at least 10 or maybe 14 razes with luck, but will be a waste cuz u used to take 1/2 castles...cuz if u didn't it's gg from the start....
Persa will fill near tower with eyes, then attacking just the gate using also few els...then..gg cuz he'll take 2 castles...make some pop then when he makes raz imp...then ofc goes for charles...he will get it fast anyway so he'll get fed anyway in later game...the turk on the other point have 2 choices, takes castle/s or wait 1 raz to imp....if he wait he will not have pop to kill the els that are spawing from 4 castles...if he take castles he will feed/let persa raz so he will go imp fast then gg...
URL | Responder | Citar
 [sT]thunderbird

Postado 8 de mar�o de 2013 - 03:27:25
going fast imp with pers next to turks would be a really noob thing to do and i would only do it if i am feeling too lazy to get a vil, build a towncenter,wait for imp and then go own eveveryone else on the map...fast imp usually works best with japs next to you coz no one woudl really fight your eles except japs which would give you enough kings for fast martels...rememebr you have a max of 4 castles when you go fast imp with pers.
URL | Responder | Citar
 [sT]thunderbird

Editado 8 de mar�o de 2013 - 03:32:40 por [sT]thunderbird
and rcb ffa is also kinda a war of words....you must have the ability to convice people and make them do what you want...which means the ocassional lying about how many kings or what hero a player has and asking eles to stop razing your towers and rather raze someone else's towers coz that guy is nearing 7/8 kings up top.
URL | Responder | Citar
 YoungTeece

Postado 8 de mar�o de 2013 - 04:08:36
RCB Gold 2013 V4 By RIP_ Clan stay tuned, major updates like no 2mini **** rule or the ****ing 10minute wait no power khan no ships. This weapon kid ****ed whole map and the layout its all ****ed sme dumbass kid but dw guys we making new map from 2011,2012 we knw u all loved the Rambit gold CB 2012 V2, all play the gamespy arcade map for now best options 10th Legion CB 2
URL | Responder | Citar
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Editado 8 de mar�o de 2013 - 04:36:26 por _Ox_Weapon_xO_
YoungTeece wrote:
RCB Gold 2013 V4 By RIP_ Clan stay tuned, major updates like no 2mini **** rule or the ****ing 10minute wait no power khan no ships. This weapon kid ****ed whole map and the layout its all ****ed sme dumbass kid but dw guys we making new map from 2011,2012 we knw u all loved the Rambit gold CB 2012 V2, all play the gamespy arcade map for now best options 10th Legion CB 2
  • 2 minute undead bombards are there for balance/not getting screwed over out of spite... they were in 2012 f2 as well. And you can still focus on strong civ bombards just as well after 2 mins but it's best if the weak ones at least have a chance.
  • 10th legion has a super khan just like the power-up khan. The khan powering up continuously was a bug that has now been corrected.
  • Layout is fine lol... same as 2012 F2 actually with the exception of the bottom store and top and super stores being bigger. The terrain in mid may be different though but many people said that was too bright which is why it's now 2011 v2 style.
  • People didn't like the combination of legions fury from 10th with the gold map in 2012 f2 which is why it was removed in 2013
  • I tried incorporating buyable hp/ap into gold a long time ago in a test version but it was too chaotic. RCB is hard enough to win as it is... it doesn't need more chaos like oh he has +10ap robins will my subo still beat that... what about 20 ap robins... I do admit I planned to add this in a different version but not the current one.

You guys will make the same mistake I did which was trying to add too much to the map when you just should've worked on perfecting it. Go ahead though.
ComBoT wrote:

I've read about people getting nevski against persians in the beginning but have never tried it myself. Yes the best you'll do is robin probably though... well no wait I would shoot for beli if possible, which you'd probably get as long as the adjacent player has 2/5 towers left standing for a bonus king and raze and if you do well in mid... kinda screwed if p2 in a 7 player game though.
URL | Responder | Citar
 ComBoT

Editado 8 de mar�o de 2013 - 09:32:24 por ComBoT
You really don't get it....if persa go fast imp the turk is ****ed up and it will be no problem at all for the rest of game, so persa can go and get feed from the others players since having almost 125 els are still good....so you will take fast charles unless there is a sara, plus you can also **** up the game to the other players cuz fast imp= you'll take down really fastly all the towers from the middle, where you'll get at least 100 kills from people trying to get raze/defend their own towers...so isn't a bad tactic if you know how to use...
I guess you should try it and you will realize what i'm saying! Because i still prefer this tactic than villi...so slow, i don't get why people will choose this way, it's boring = no sense in playing a game where the purpose is have fun....
URL | Responder | Citar
 [sT]thunderbird

Postado 8 de mar�o de 2013 - 09:57:59
i have gone fast imp a lot of times..and the only time i reached fast martels was with japs next to me...masing a pop of 125 eles with 4 castles is difficult and you keep talking about how turks if next to pers would be ****ed up...well they wont at all...either they would have as well gone for fast imp or a hero(atleast robins if not subos) and either way eles cant do **** except feed those eles which would hardly be more than 50-70 in number and i.e only if you wait for some time to pop up.

URL | Responder | Citar
123[4]5678
Exibindo 46 - 60 de 108 mensagens
Ir ao Fórum:
2 Usuário(s) estão lendo este tópico (Nos últimos 30 minutos)
0 membros, 2 convidado(s)

What's popular right now: