CBA v21 - New Features & Updates

Th0m

Postado 16 de maio de 2017 - 18:00:54
I have seen every thread about changes to CBA and I've not seen 80%+ of the changes been mentioned in them.. Maybe you could link me to that... or did you just make it up? Anyway you could pick and choose and disregard any community suggestions you want, it still doesn't change the fact it's been decided by one person all at once...

Yep I made it up. http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/194560. It took me 6 seconds to find this thread but I'm pretty sure I could have done it in less than 3 if my laptop wasn't so slow. Are you sure you've seen every thread about changes to CBA or did you make that up? All but 1 balance change come directly from T3nchy; this editor had zero input.
URL | Responder | Citar
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Postado 16 de maio de 2017 - 18:21:16
I still haven't got around to playing it.. Just wondering why you changed the colors around.. even something as small as that can put off players (people are fickle creatures of habit who hate change)..
Well, if you force a 4v4 to be played as side vs side by playing it on the very hard difficulty with everyone going random teams, then the colors have to be shuffled around a bit for it to be side vs side. However, each player can see the bs and uni of all the other players so you can easily figure which color is where on the mini map. But its still confusing for most. The big mistake I made is that I added the option to play it with standard positions on very easy too late. People already turned their back on the map by then.
URL | Responder | Citar
 ['RB']nhoobish

Postado 16 de maio de 2017 - 18:44:41
Well, if you force a 4v4 to be played as side vs side by playing it on the very hard difficulty with everyone going random teams, then the colors have to be shuffled around a bit for it to be side vs side. However, each player can see the bs and uni of all the other players so you can easily figure which color is where on the mini map. But its still confusing for most. The big mistake I made is that I added the option to play it with standard positions on very easy too late. People already turned their back on the map by then.

You had one job!
URL | Responder | Citar
 calexus5678

Editado 16 de maio de 2017 - 19:52:33 por calexus5678
Here is where you are wrong. Doom's scenario is called CBA Monks. That scenario has various "improvements/changes" to the gameplay. There was a discussion in staff forums related to CBA updates with proposed changes from CBA Monks. The changes listed in the first post are features of CBA Monks, which can be or not be implemented to the normal CBA to "improve" it. Moreover, he cannot force anything on the community, it is not his descision at all, there are different people in charge who will decide such matters.

If your precious CBA version gets ruined for you, please do not blame Doom, as he is not the person to decide which updates are added or not, he just makes the updates.
I assume by the first post you mean the first section of the first post listing 6 new Features:

The Gate Keeper - Lock all three gates at once with wolf

-Fine, no problem, it doesn't really change anything, though some could say it takes some skill out of using gates, or is redundant or some may say it uglies the map

-Spawn Controller Shortcut - An EXTRA spawn controller, doesn't really take skill out, many would say redundant, also maybe uglies the map

-Lock Teams Feature - Cool whatever but it affects almost noone

-Ally Development Support - Funny way to name it lol, MASSIVE gameplay change

-Anti Enemy Wall - Smaller Gameplay change. It's ugly gameplay in the sense of running villes back and forth while camping outside your enemies base but as anti-elephant strategy it is vital.

-Ally Wall Support - This is the only one which I think is absolutely great and could be considered an IMPROVEMENT. It only adds to the map, it doesn't take anything away, converting towers to your ally would be cool as well then they could target fire them.

The rest of the first post is a long list of CBA balance changes each of which alter the gameplay..

So it is a massive change to the map. More change than in probably 20 versions of the map. 11. It's not my fault you don't understand the process of how great maps get made..
URL | Responder | Citar
 +[MM]jason

Postado 16 de maio de 2017 - 21:10:14
Has it occured to you that you are one guy with an opinion also?
Or is your rating meant to give you more prestige?
URL | Responder | Citar
 ['RB']nhoobish

Postado 16 de maio de 2017 - 21:45:31
So it is a massive change to the map. More change than in probably 20 versions of the map. 11. It's not my fault you don't understand the process of how great maps get made..

It is, indeed, and I am not even arguing that point, I am only arguing the stance you had/have towards Doom and how he presented this thread.
URL | Responder | Citar
 calexus5678

Postado 16 de maio de 2017 - 22:25:06
+[MM]jason wrote:
Has it occured to you that you are one guy with an opinion also?
Or is your rating meant to give you more prestige?

Yes my opinion is backed up with reasoning and I also have high level experience to understand the map when it's played at the top level. Stop being salty I questioned your rating, you don't seem to have anything else to add..
URL | Responder | Citar
 calexus5678

Postado 16 de maio de 2017 - 22:29:58
It is, indeed, and I am not even arguing that point, I am only arguing the stance you had/have towards Doom and how he presented this thread.

Okay well he was the one who presented this change as the map maker, who else am I supposed to think made the changes? It's targeted at whoever made the changes, who else? On that topic, who then did make the balance changes? Was it Doom(the thread starter)? You really don't seem to have a point...
URL | Responder | Citar
 +arslan

Editado 17 de maio de 2017 - 00:38:08 por +arslan
Thanks ['RB']nhoobish for supporting me. :)

As ['RB']nhoobish mentioned before, these are just Proposals at this stage, they will be implemented once majority of the players have some sort of agreement on it.

Also as Th0m said above that most of these balance changes have been discussed many times previously on various threads, but never implemented because no one was ready to cause disrupt in the CBA game play.

T3nchy, who was the Original Creator of CBA, also made the same changes to his version(which was not Released) that I made in this version. The Only Unique thing in this Version is "Ally Development Support". I am not hijacking any map, some maps need balancing, and CBA was overdue on its adjustments for a long time.

If a new player complains that he cannot cop with a so-called 'Fundamental' change such as "Ally Development Support" then we can understand, but majority of players who are against it are well experienced and top level players, for them it should not be a problem. Instead of looking for more challenges they are insisting on Same Old maps so that they don't have to change their gaming style. They should be the ones leading and welcoming such changes instead of resisting it.

Before you come to any conclusion about the changes I made in the map, you should first try out the map. You can get a "Beta" version of this map, I will attach it in the first post, Play and test it with your friends and then you will be in a better position to have an Opinion about the new map.
URL | Responder | Citar
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Editado 17 de maio de 2017 - 01:23:41 por [Eot_]Marvel__
Tenchy was NOT the original creator of cba, he was just another goon like you who made a few changes. Do you actually know what you're talking about, at all?

It's not about coping with the changes, it's about the fact that some of the changes you've made make the map less fun to play and change the dynamics in a negative way. Nice attempt at attacking some of the more experienced players ego, though.
URL | Responder | Citar
 calexus5678

Postado 17 de maio de 2017 - 01:48:00
Tenchy was NOT the original creator of cba, he was just another goon like you who made a few changes. Do you actually know what you're talking about, at all?

It's not about coping with the changes, it's about the fact that some of the changes you've made make the map less fun to play and change the dynamics in a negative way. Nice attempt at attacking some of the more experienced players ego, though.

11 So true

The funny thing is how Icey and Adrift are pretending Doom didn't make the changes and then Doom admits he did. Adrift also claims the Tenchy made the balance changes which I think is bull****...
URL | Responder | Citar
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Postado 17 de maio de 2017 - 02:59:03
+arslan wrote:
I am not hijacking any map, some maps need balancing, and CBA was overdue on its adjustments for a long time.
1) Yes CBA is imbalanced
2) No, it was not overdue for a long time. Ive made a more balanced version about 3 years ago I believe. People tried it, they didnt like some changes and stopped playing it.

+arslan wrote:
If a new player complains that he cannot cop with a so-called 'Fundamental' change such as "Ally Development Support" then we can understand, but majority of players who are against it are well experienced and top level players, for them it should not be a problem. Instead of looking for more challenges they are insisting on Same Old maps so that they don't have to change their gaming style. They should be the ones leading and welcoming such changes instead of resisting it.
3) They dont want a balanced map, they want CBA. And youre changing the map so much that it shouldnt be called CBA anymore. When some **** came and made CBA Hero he also didnt just name it CBA v21, no, he named it CBA Hero cause it became a different map.
URL | Responder | Citar
 ['RB']nhoobish

Postado 17 de maio de 2017 - 06:33:49
Okay well he was the one who presented this change as the map maker, who else am I supposed to think made the changes? It's targeted at whoever made the changes, who else? On that topic, who then did make the balance changes? Was it Doom(the thread starter)? You really don't seem to have a point...

The point is that noone cares about what we say, it also does not matter what Doom says, in the end of the day there is someone from higher-up who decides everything.
URL | Responder | Citar
 iplayhigh2night

Postado 17 de maio de 2017 - 07:52:56
;censored ;censored ;censored ;censored
URL | Responder | Citar
 bukayosaka

Postado 17 de maio de 2017 - 11:18:13
The point is that noone cares about what we say, it also does not matter what Doom says, in the end of the day there is someone from higher-up who decides everything.

;spy

URL | Responder | Citar
1234[5]678910
Exibindo 61 - 75 de 145 mensagens
Ir ao Fórum:
6 Usuário(s) estão lendo este tópico (Nos últimos 30 minutos)
0 membros, 6 convidado(s)