Community Forums > Technical Support > Streaming Support > [urgent..] Hardware/OS/Software & AOE1 streaming resolutions,on budget

[urgent..] Hardware/OS/Software & AOE1 streaming resolutions,on budget

[smile]Riukas

Grupo: Plano Padrão
Mensagens42
Editado 13 de Fevereiro de 2017 - 01:03:50 por [smile]Riukas
Hi, I have a few very urgent questions, please..
1) Are such PCs with this CPU/RAM enough for streaming AOE1 on Voobly?
Intel Pentium D 925 3 GHz (it's dual core, although old one), with 2GB RAM.
PC model is HP DC7700 [You must login to view link]
I see "Minimum Requirements: has A dual-core processor (CPU) at 2.0 Ghz" in Voobly Live Streaming Guide, so it should work?..
2) What is the lowest resolution I can use with it? (please see the quote below for more details/context..)
3) Is it possible to stream on lower stream settings, resolutions (like 360p, 480p, 576p, etc)? What resolutions are possible? What game resolution and stream resolution combinations are practical?
4) Is it still possible to stream AOE1 on Voobly on such a PC on WinXP SP3 by using older version of XSplit Broadcaster, e.g. v1.3? ([You must login to view link] say "Windows XP SP3, Vista SP2 for 1.3. [Windows 7 SP1 for V2.], .NET Framework 3.5, DirectX 9.0c, Internet Explorer 7, Adobe Flash Player for IE, Hardware: Processor : 2nd Generation Core i3 CPU or equivalent, Memory: 4GB, Graphics Card : Must have support for 3D acceleration")
5) Is it still possible to stream AOE1 on Voobly on such a PC on WinXP SP3 by using some older version of FFsplit?
6) Would Quad core CPUs that have Passmark value ~3000 work for this kind of streaming as well as Dual core CPUs with the same Passmark value ~3000? I'm talking for example about models like Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 or Q8300.

* desktop resolution: 1440 x 900
* The name/model of CPU: Intel Pentium D 925 3 GHz
* internet upload speed will not be a bottleneck (it will be more than 2Mbps or much more than 2Mbps)

* Question with OS option 1: Win7/8.1/10/Vista. (With all the latest service packs.)
Question with OS option 2: WinXP SP3 (I'll most probably be able to use just WinXP SP3 for some time at the beginning).

Passmark Benchmark list for reference: [You must login to view link]

Here is my chat with Voobly Live tech support/help, quoted below for more details/context (just before they suggested me to go to this forum and hope for a fast reply):
Quote:
[23:43]<[smile]Riukas> Hi, is this CPU/RAM/PC enough for streaming AOE1 on Voobly?
[23:43]<[smile]Riukas> Intel Pentium D 925 3 GHz (it's dual core, although old one), with 2GB RAM.
[23:43]<[smile]Riukas> PC model is HP DC7700 [You must login to view link]
[23:44]<[smile]Riukas> I see "Minimum Requirements: has A dual-core processor (CPU) at 2.0 Ghz" in Voobly Live Streaming Guide, so it should work?..

[23:44]<+Fabby> It must meet the minimum requirements of the streaming guide
[23:44]<+Fabby> pentuim D
[23:45]<+Fabby> is not the same as dual core
[23:45]<+Fabby> you need a core duo
[23:45]<[smile]Riukas> umm it has two cores, so should be ok, no?
[23:45]<+Fabby> do you have that pc?
[23:46]<[smile]Riukas> I'm considering to purchase one, not having yet.. that's why I ask
[23:46]<+Fabby> ok you are buying a used one
[23:46]<[smile]Riukas> yes, very much on budget
[23:46]<+Fabby> i suggest you look for one with core duo for similar price
[23:46]<+Fabby> sometimes just have to pay extra 10 or 20
[23:47]<+Fabby> you can post that system on the streaming forum
[23:47]<[smile]Riukas> hm
[23:47]<+Fabby> and the experts can reply to you
[23:47]<+Fabby> experts in streaming :)
[23:48]<[smile]Riukas> I think I read somewhere today that Pentium D is "dual core"
[23:48]<[smile]Riukas> and I see [You must login to view link] spec it has two cores
[23:49]<+Fabby> ok one moment
[23:49]<[smile]Riukas> Intel® Pentium® D ProcessorPowered by Intel® dual-core technology.
[23:49]<[smile]Riukas> [You must login to view link]
[23:52]<[smile]Riukas> [You must login to view link] "The Pentium D[2] brand refers to two series of desktop dual-core 64-bit x86-64 microprocessors with the NetBurst microarchitecture, which is the dual-core variant of Pentium 4 "Prescott" manufactured by Intel. Each CPU comprised two dies, each containing a single core, residing next to each other on a multi-chip module package."
<+Fabby> yes that is the first dual cores
<[smile]Riukas> The thing is I'm going to buy like 4 or 8 exact same models of these, and there are not much to choose from if I want just a little better. Prices are +much more than 10-20 extra for a unit here where I am
<+Fabby> then replaced by newer dual cores
<[smile]Riukas> Hm, so you're quite sure that it should work?
<+Fabby> pentuim d was made until 2009
<+Fabby> pentuim-dual core was mad ein 2010
<+Fabby> slightly faster
<+Fabby> i think it might be slow
<+Fabby> depends on your reolution to stream
<+Fabby> 720p it wont work
<[smile]Riukas> Well, on low setting should work?
<[smile]Riukas> resolution would be.. 1 sec
<+Fabby> http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/254291
<+Fabby> they write for 720p hd you need a cpu passscore of over 3200
<[smile]Riukas> AOE1 game would be running at 1440 x 900
<[smile]Riukas> pentium d 925 3ghz passmark would be around 600-700
<[smile]Riukas> are there lower resolution(s) to stream than 720p?

<+Fabby> it seems you need 3000 score to run at 720
<+Fabby> http://www.voobly.com/forum/view/93790
<+Fabby> you should create a new thread here
<+Fabby> add your specifications
<+Fabby> I'm not very experienced with streaming
<[smile]Riukas> do you know if it's possible to run stream at lower than 720p?
<+Fabby> one sec
<[smile]Riukas> yes, I'd probably write there (too) (thanks for the idea), but was now in hurry to decide buy the thing or not... just to get a rough idea if possible, coz I'm on time constraint
<+Fabby> let me try contact a fellow tech
<[smile]Riukas> like 480p or so?
<[smile]Riukas> thx
<[smile]Riukas> also, btw, another question - Is it still possible to stream AOE1 on Vobly on such a PC on WinXP SP3 by using older version of XSplit Broadcaster, e.g. v1.3? ([You must login to view link] say "Windows XP SP3, Vista SP2 for 1.3. [Windows 7 SP1 for V2.], .NET Framework 3.5, DirectX 9.0c, Internet Explorer 7, Adobe Flash Player for IE, Hardware: Processor : 2nd Generation Core i3 CPU or equivalent, Memory: 4GB Graphics Card : Must have support for 3D acceleration")
<+Fabby> when do you want to order the pc
<[smile]Riukas> I was contacting the seller yesterday already :) I'd like to order PCs asap...
<+Fabby> do you have 24 hours
<[smile]Riukas> trying to make a space for multiplayer gamers and teams, but badly on budget at the moment
<+Fabby> you should write all these questions in the forum , at moment help room cant help you , the stream techs will reply asap
<[smile]Riukas> It would be great to have answer faster than 24hours..

<[smile]Riukas> yes I understand..
<+Fabby> yes he might reply sooner
<+Fabby> he is online frequent
<[smile]Riukas> do you mean the tech person you contacted would (also) reply directly to you about what you tried to ask him? or just after i write on forum, then I get reply?
<+Fabby> yes at monet tech is not online
<+Fabby> moment+
<+Fabby> the best support is on the forum
<+Fabby> there are a few stream techs that help but unfortunately offline right now
<+Fabby> I am not sure if that pc will work but it could with right settings
<+Fabby> but its not my area
<[smile]Riukas> Do you know anything about WinXP question I mentioned a bit later in here?
<[smile]Riukas> (by using older version of XSplit Broadcaster, e.g. v1.3)
<+eric@voobly is now a guest host>
<[smile]Riukas> or is it (still) possible to stream AOE1 on Vobly on such a PC on WinXP SP3 by using some older version of FFsplit?
<+eric@voobly> Hi, please turn to the forum: http://www.voobly.com/forum/view/93790 All your questions about streaming/specs/optimal settings etc will be answered there.
<+eric@voobly> We Technical Supports have limited knowledge about the streaming services because it's not out department.
URL | Responder | Citar
 [smile]Riukas

Mensagens42
Editado 12 de Fevereiro de 2017 - 16:44:01 por [smile]Riukas
And one more question:
Would Quad core CPUs that have Passmark value ~3000 work for this kind of streaming as well as Dual core CPUs with the same Passmark value ~3000? I'm talking for example about models like Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 or Q8300.
And do previously mentioned game streaming applications use all four cores of CPU?
URL | Responder | Citar
 +[TheJedi]Genette

Grupo: VCOM Lead
Mensagens2397
Editado 13 de Fevereiro de 2017 - 00:31:26 por +[TheJedi]Genette
Hi, your [You must login to view link] is maybe strong enough to handle the 720p settings, but 2GB Ram is definitely not enough to run windows/voobly/aoe1/OBS Studio at the same time. Also, 64bit version of Windows is required.

As for the Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 - Passmark score: [You must login to view link] // for the Q8300: [You must login to view link]

URL | Responder | Citar
 [smile]Riukas

Mensagens42
Editado 13 de Fevereiro de 2017 - 02:16:33 por [smile]Riukas
Many thanks for the reply, Genette.
your [You must login to view link] is maybe strong enough to handle the 720p settings
Would it easily handle some of the lower streaming settings, like 576p, 540p, 480p, etc.? Which ones?
Quote:
but 2GB Ram is definitely not enough to run windows/voobly/aoe1/OBS Studio at the same time
Would 2GB RAM be enough to run aoe1+voobly with some combinations of WinXP/Vista/Win7 with current/earlier streaming apps (OBS Studio, OBS Classic 32bit/64bit, XSplit Broadcaster 2.8 or 1.3, FFSplit, others)? Which combinations would it be?
Quote:
Also, 64bit version of Windows is required.
Which part of the setup requires 64bit Windows?
Is 64bit Windows required by OBS Studio?
Is 64bit Windows required by OBS Classic 32bit/64bit, XSplit Broadcaster 2.8 or 1.3, FFSplit, other relevant streaming apps?
Quote:
As for the Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 - Passmark score: [You must login to view link] // for the Q8300: [You must login to view link]
Yes, that's what I was trying to point - they have similar score ~3000. One of my questions (6.) was: while streaming, would such quad core CPU work similarly well as other dual core CPUs which also have score ~3000? or having more cores (4 instead of 2, but with the same passmark score rating) could slow things down?
And do all previously mentioned game streaming applications use all four cores of quad core CPU?
URL | Responder | Citar
 +[TheJedi]Genette

Grupo: VCOM Lead
Mensagens2397
Editado 14 de Fevereiro de 2017 - 12:02:24 por +[TheJedi]Genette
Sure :)
Would it easily handle some of the lower streaming settings, like 576p, 540p, 480p, etc.? Which ones?
With these specs (Passmark scores at roughly 3,000) and 2GB, I wouldn't say easy tbh. If you and your viewers don't mind, then yes: the lower the resolution, the less CPU power/upload is needed.
Quote:
Would 2GB RAM be enough to run aoe1+voobly with some combinations of WinXP/Vista/Win7 with current/earlier streaming apps (OBS Studio, OBS Classic 32bit/64bit, XSplit Broadcaster 2.8 or 1.3, FFSplit, others)? Which combinations would it be?
In terms of efficiency and being "lightweight", OBS Studio is the best choice hands-down. Note: Visual [You must login to view link] is required. Also, OBS doesn't support WinXP (deprecated) and WinVista (sigh: [You must login to view link]).
Quote:
Which part of the setup requires 64bit Windows?
Is 64bit Windows required by OBS Studio?
Is 64bit Windows required by OBS Classic 32bit/64bit, XSplit Broadcaster 2.8 or 1.3, FFSplit, other relevant streaming apps?
It is required to use the preconfigured OBS version I've pieced together for AoE2. The [You must login to view link] that comes without preconfiguration is offered with both 32bit/64bit. From my experience, 32bit systems (4GB Ram max) usually struggle with streaming at 720p and higher (which is recommended from my pov).

Quote:
Yes, that's what I was trying to point - they have similar score ~3000. One of my questions (6.) was: while streaming, would such quad core CPU work similarly well as other dual core CPUs which also have score ~3000? or having more cores (4 instead of 2, but with the same passmark score rating) could slow things down?
Passmark is only a rough indicator to compare different CPU's. What's interesting for us here is x264 encodnig performance and since OBS supports multithreading, I would guess that a quadcore @~3,000 Passmark would perform slightly better than a dualcore @~3,000 Passmark.
Quote:
And do all previously mentioned game streaming applications use all four cores of quad core CPU?
Last time I used FFSplit, it was still based on mpeg compression, which is stone-age technology compared to x264 - it does come with multithread support tho. As for XSplit: similar (less efficient / lightweight than OBS Studio) and costs a couple of $ per month.

In a nutshell: windows 7 (aero disabled) or higher / directx 10.1 or higher / visual studio redistr. 2013 are the minimum requirements, as OBS Studio is your best bet.

URL | Responder | Citar
[1]
Exibindo 1 - 5 de 5 mensagens
Ir ao Fórum:
1 Usuário(s) estão lendo este tópico (Nos últimos 30 minutos)
0 membros, 1 convidado(s)

Most active threads in past week: