Community Forums > General > Announcements > New Player Lobby - Intermediate Ladder update

New Player Lobby - Intermediate Ladder update

[I3acI]_Taff

Grupo: Plano Padrão
Mensagens12435
Editado 28 de Julho de 2015 - 23:04:12 por [I3acI]_Taff
All,
spanish%20lang%20flag.png

"New" Player Lobby needs an overhaul. While we want to provide a safe environment for new players to Voobly, with the greater numbers of players joining the NPL from Medieval Siege and Custom Scenario, we are at great risk of giving genuine New Players a negative experience.

Issues:
  • New players or lesser skilled players stay in NPL even when skilled enough and do not migrate to the full lobbies ( MS or CS )
  • Players leave lobbies to go to NPL for fast games with no pressure. Not necessarily for noob bashing, just NPL is the place for fast games, and this in itself will inherently lead to bashing.
  • Beginners ladder has more chance of abuse due to migration from lobbies to NPL.
  • Genuine Beginners are facing players with hundreds of games played and are then potentially put off playing
  • Lack of players sub-1550 range in Medieval Siege, all are now in NPL, ensures the viscous circle, so experienced players go where the games are.
  • The bottom end of the ELO in Medieval Siege is now at circa 1600 , this is meant to be the average not the bottom
  • 1600 rate in MS is extremely under rated for ELO, most of these are 17+ in reality
  • The lack of genuinely lower than 1600 rated players creates the above as our majority players have no "food" to gain above 17+
  • The points above ensure that when NPL players try MS they are met with 1550+ players that are a LOT better than the ELO shows, again because of no food points. Thus forcing them back to the NPL again.

Solutions:
  • Remove All New Intermediate ladders from NPL - remove word "New" and rate the RM - Intermediate ladder in Medieval Siege only.
  • RM Intermediate becomes the default starting ladder for Medieval Siege
  • Pro actively Staff NPL and move required players into Medieval Siege
  • Enforce and increase pro actively the Beginners Ladder bans - Information
  • If we get Intermediate Ladder or RM TG etc 1200-1550 active games in Medieval Siege then players won't need to use NPL
  • Inter Ladder in MS will still allow friends to play with each other
  • NPL Ladders : RM - Beginners | DM - Beginners | CS - Beginners

Ideas:
  • Remove Inter ladder - potentially no progessive steps for New players.
  • Inter ladder potentially only a temporary stop gap and removed in future when NPL - MS migration is complete

Community Quotes :
Quote:
"At 1800 steam and (1300-1350) npl/im rate, often times I have no idea where I should play a game. I think I should be forced into the ms ladder where I will fall to 1400, but with other ms 1400 players that know the game very well, but just aren't very good, like myself. My buddies whom are all 14-15xx in im lobby should be forced into ms as well, where their rates would settle between surely around 14-1650. "
Quote:
"One of the main problems in MS is that if you take two players with a 1650 rate, they can be vastly different in skill level. This is because there are too many players squashed into a small rating range. In order to better distribute those players a wider range of ratings is required, and to achieve that a larger number of lower skilled players is required in MS. "
Quote:
"The NPL should probably be about half its current size. The problem is that many people in the NPL enjoy being at the middle-top of the food chain so to speak, and would rather stay there than go to MS and be nearer the bottom. If those players are not forced to play in MS, then moving from the NPL to MS should be incentivized more than it is now."
Quote:
"The lack of meat in lower levels affects the upper levels, we need this new base of 1400 to 1500 to increase the activity of our 1600 guys and then wait till this affect the next lvl."
Quote:
"Just make a maximum number of games someone can play in NPL. After all, is for NEW players, not for noobs to stay forever there..."
Quote:
"Problem is that the 16++ people you talk about should actually be around 17xx some even 18xx but since there is so few people in the lower part of 16xx and high 15xx they end up without their "natural prays" in the food chain."
URL | Responder | Citar
 +Coat_of_Arms

Grupo: Moderador de Jogo
Mensagens6782
Postado 28 de Julho de 2015 - 15:11:26
Hope it'll make a change...
URL | Responder | Citar
 [ U ]United_Founder

Mensagens1
Postado 28 de Julho de 2015 - 15:12:05
how about the dm and cs inter ladder?
URL | Responder | Citar
 ['RB']Dan

Mensagens7308
Postado 28 de Julho de 2015 - 15:24:42
;1thumbup
URL | Responder | Citar
 SnapChat_

Mensagens97
Postado 28 de Julho de 2015 - 15:24:47
Good Job
URL | Responder | Citar
 +Fabby

Grupo: Suporte Técnico
Mensagens382
Postado 28 de Julho de 2015 - 15:27:05
so far 400+ players in RM MS and 300+ in NPL so it's looking good.
URL | Responder | Citar
 [RVK]Socksyy

Grupo: Plano Platina
Mensagens1057
Postado 28 de Julho de 2015 - 15:55:45
almost 100 users reading topic ;bigshock great update though, lets hope it works!
URL | Responder | Citar
 Jakira

Mensagens77
Postado 28 de Julho de 2015 - 16:24:17
Opps!!!
Yes. this will help to protect real noobs.......
URL | Responder | Citar
 ['sT]TikitakaAttacka

Mensagens41
Editado 28 de Julho de 2015 - 17:33:31 por ['sT]TikitakaAttacka
more smurfs in NPL than ever

€: to say something constructive:

if u really wanna protect noobs u have to decrease their rating from the average. also manually reporting noob bashers is hard to do and a noob wouldnt even know how (in fact i have 1k games in NPL and dont know how).

there should be some smurf detection (e.g. an algorythm using a combination of APM, hotkey usage, minimap usage, reaction time control group usage etc) that just automatically bans new accs that are too underrated for a certain ladder from that ladder so they have to move up.
URL | Responder | Citar
 derJoker

Mensagens2
Postado 28 de Julho de 2015 - 17:16:09
First of all a big thanks to the Voobly team. gj guys! ;yahoo

BUT does a RM-Intermediate ladder aid progress of better noobs to RM 1v1/TG?

I don't think this ladder addresses the two concerns below.
  • The lack of genuinely lower than 1600 rated players creates the above as our majority players have no "food" to gain above 17+
  • The points above ensure that when NPL players try MS they are met with 1550+ players that are a LOT better than the ELO shows, again because of no food points. Thus forcing them back to the NPL again.

Taff, given the lack of lower rated players in RM 1v1/TG why not just get rid of RM Intermediate , as you seem to be musing?
Ideas:
  • Remove Inter ladder - potentially no progessive steps for New players.
  • Inter ladder potentially only a temporary stop gap and removed in future when NPL - MS migration is complete
URL | Responder | Citar
 [T__T]BiN4Ry

Mensagens6
Postado 28 de Julho de 2015 - 17:39:46
If you want to add some protection against smurfs add a little check box to filter out players under 100 and 200 games. :D
URL | Responder | Citar
 [LOTD]Top_Shot

Mensagens160
Postado 28 de Julho de 2015 - 17:57:42
Good job. I was thinking on the same lines. Good to see the change. Lets hope it works for the better.
URL | Responder | Citar
 Seldom_Pooper

Mensagens400
Editado 28 de Julho de 2015 - 18:56:23 por Seldom_Pooper
how about the dm and cs inter ladder?
CS intermediate ladder ?
rofl rofl rofl
URL | Responder | Citar
 CherylTunt

Mensagens6
Postado 28 de Julho de 2015 - 19:05:56
Not sure what was broke or needed to be fixed. Anyway, now the lower end 16+ MS guys are getting in inter games which I have no business in, and I'm getting a bit good for the ~13ish NPL games, so pretty much I am in no man's land now. Sweet.
URL | Responder | Citar
 ['IC']21oclock

Mensagens1
Postado 28 de Julho de 2015 - 19:17:23
I don't know if it is worth including RM beginner stats being shown in the MS lobby?

I'm just thinking if a 1400 rm beginner player wants to move up but has no games on inter ladder then maybe people will keep not letting them play as they appear as 0 gamer?
However if you show RM beginner ladder games played then if someone who has hit or is near beginner top rating cap, then they can join inter games in MS more easily as people can see they are not 0 gamer or smurf

Just a thought

URL | Responder | Citar
[1]23456
Exibindo 1 - 15 de 83 mensagens
Ir ao Fórum:
1 Usuário(s) estão lendo este tópico (Nos últimos 30 minutos)
0 membros, 1 convidado(s)

Most active threads in past week:
PUBG Mod for AoC (26 posts)
CS - Overall S2 (20 posts)
Roulette Blood (17 posts)
Animation (4 posts)