Relative Kills Calculator - CBA/CBA Hero

why_what1729

Editado 28 de mar�o de 2013 - 13:18:33 por why_what1729
To be realsitic, Shouldn't the kills be calculated relatively for the civs plying in the game.
For ex. a 1v1 CBA hero goths vs koreans, Koreans get imp at 600 kills isn't that too high and an almost match loss (unless the korean civ player is less skillful)

Moreover, with the latest map version the hero spawn can be closed, so goths is at an advantage(Goths wont spawn archers, as he has no chemistry researched) until korea gets harald ie 600 kills. By then goths would be approaching charles martel! :)

I suggest a method of scaling down or up kills required based on attack/normal armor/pierce armor/bonus attacks (like catapharacts vs infantry civs) of unique units in the play.

Dont have a concrete formula but something could be worked out.

Just a thought....to make gameplay fair!

Regards,
why_what1729
URL | Responder | Citar
 Coat_of_Arms

Postado 28 de mar�o de 2013 - 13:16:37
"Random civs" isn't meant to be balanced, right?
URL | Responder | Citar
 why_what1729

Postado 28 de mar�o de 2013 - 13:25:44
Hi Coat,

Thats the point, civs have their relv adv/disadv, why push it further by having a higher kills for better civs (relatively again)?
The example i quote goths would win 95% of the time.
TO make it more challenging for the goths player we could have a lower kills requirement for the korean player maybe like cage at 270 and imp at 400..

He wouldn't outright go on a rampage! These are custom maps designed by the community we could alter/improve the design to make game play more challenging!

URL | Responder | Citar
 Coat_of_Arms

Editado 28 de mar�o de 2013 - 13:35:59 por Coat_of_Arms
The kills requirements were chosen after "how much that civ can eat". Goths eat archers (apart from some civs like Saracens), and Koreans have a different ""food diet".
Also, the requirements are for team games, where you must be VERY unlucky to be civraped by everyone.
What you said will never be implemented, because:
1. It takes too many triggers: civ number^2, with some conditions and many effects: CBA is too crashy anyway.
2. Random civs is NOT supposed to be balanced. In random civs you always want to be Saracen while your enemy is Mongol, or something like.
The idea is that two civs can't be equal in direct showdown, so one must always be advantaged and the other disadvantaged, even if the difference can be smaller or bigger.
The only even-balanced match can be with mirrored civs, but there are all kind of tricks (like many ways of patrolling) that make the game.
URL | Responder | Citar
 why_what1729

Postado 28 de mar�o de 2013 - 13:45:12
Seems to be too authoritatrian a reply!
Have you created any maps?
The number of triggers isnt too much i think, with civ number^2 it gets to be at most 64 for a 4v4!

I hope i haven't hit a road block yet! :)
Could someone else with more experience on CBA map design throw some light on this?

URL | Responder | Citar
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Postado 28 de mar�o de 2013 - 14:23:55
This would be too tedious and pretty much impossible since no sane person would do it to program it the 100% correct way in that it would detect what civs are where. However, maybe you could do something like once all three of a players gates are down it activates triggers for quicker castle/imp age. You'd need some sort of detect trigger that a player is getting beaten.
URL | Responder | Citar
 [ViCiouS]SvoQ

Postado 28 de mar�o de 2013 - 14:43:06
thats why camping was invented ;spartan
URL | Responder | Citar
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Postado 28 de mar�o de 2013 - 17:13:45
PIN3 wrote:
It wouldn't be too hard trigger wise, the hardest part would be figuring out the balance, how many kills each civ would need to get.

Oh he said for 1v1. How would it get activated though? That'd be the hard part imo. I think some sort of auto-balance would be good for CBA in general too.
URL | Responder | Citar
 Good

Postado 26 de julho de 2013 - 13:15:54
I think that the idea of this is well founded, but in reality probably wouldn't work.

Consider a Goths vs Brits match. Brits would have to be rebalanced so much that they are not only able to get Castle and Imperial Age's faster, but in CBA Hero you would also need it so that they get Heroes faster, otherwise, there'd be no point in rebalancing the scenario at all. However, if you rebalance it in that way, Brits would have a significant advantage in that they should be able to create 250 units whilst Goths would be still less than 100 units, again, unfair as that would increase the ability for them to then obtain kills and hence obtain Haralds & Martels faster, at which point, with the Imperial Age brought earlier for them also, it would be "gg" when actually you should just accept and expect Goths to beat Brits - part of the game.

URL | Responder | Citar
[1]
Exibindo 1 - 9 de 9 mensagens
Ir ao Fórum:
1 Usuário(s) estão lendo este tópico (Nos últimos 30 minutos)
0 membros, 1 convidado(s)

What's popular right now: