Mmalukes are invincible

Avaron100

Postado 13 de junho de 2012 - 02:14:28
Hi and Im frustated

I've been playing DM with a friend of mine, hes always sarra, I played with britons then goths

I lost the 2 matches, besides being fortress map which makes impossible a very very quickly attack he build his deffences very fast (castles and other stuff)

Hes makes a army consisting in mamelukes + skirmishers + s. onager + hussars

I tried to beat this **** but its impossible, mamelukes are way too overpowered, the only thing that comes nearly to beat its the longbowman but gets easily raped by skirs + onagers

I lost this match, then I played another one with Goths trying to rush him before he makes his army, but it failed too, he managed to make 20-30 mamelukes and kill my huskarls + champs + halbediers + skirmishers

I got really mad and resign before he attack my town, later I went to the editor and tested a few units against mamelukes (always 20vs20)

Mamelukes defeated:

Frank paladins (yea of course lol)
Vikin champs
Jap halbediers
Plumeds
Huskarls
Eagle warriors
Skimishers
Cho no kus
Arbalests
Celts heavy scorpions
War Wagons

I tried all 20vs20 and both post imperial age, the only thing that managed to defeated them was 20 siege onagers, but its too expensive and it would get easily defeated by 4 or 5 hussars on battle, can anyone tell me what the heck could kill these &#(!*@&#?
URL | Responder | Citar
 _Blackmore

Postado 13 de junho de 2012 - 22:06:43
celts heavy scorps win, even cataphracts can win if are few units, but best are teutonic knight, they rape mamelukes.
URL | Responder | Citar
 Kataphraktoi

Postado 18 de junho de 2012 - 01:38:02
Best to ditch the set battle mentality and figure out a way to sustain a flood battle, 20vs20 tests dont prove anything...several of the units on your list i would and have used against mames successfully, for example halbs\skirms both get bonuses vs mames and cost no gold...

Also when testing, try multiplying 20x85 then dividing that number by the gold cost of the unit you are testing, that might give different results...
URL | Responder | Citar
 goethe_rox

Postado 18 de junho de 2012 - 01:59:09
you need to think in unit combo's, not just one unit vs one unit. Like mangudai + seige onager
URL | Responder | Citar
 [DarkL]B00ger

Editado 18 de junho de 2012 - 04:03:17 por [DarkL]B00ger
Fortress is the biggest random map so unless you can make a really good rush you should go for a overpowered civ in imp. My choice would be the koreans. With a army of halbs their super siege onanager war wagons and bombard cannons. If you have eco you can also add bombard towers to hold ground. My others choices would be Byz Mongs Celts. But more important than the civs it's the unit combo you chose. Also Teutonic knights are awesome vs mames but in such a big map they can just hit and run forever, and sara just have to make hand cannoners to gg them.
URL | Responder | Citar
 Angerfist_Yo

Postado 18 de outubro de 2012 - 09:12:12
Mamelukes are superior to cavalry civs (huns, byz and korean wagons), and anyone in CS knows more than anything the threat of mamelukes to their cav

Spamming paladins has always been a good all round tactic with a good economy. As 'noob' as it sounds, Paladins are a good spearhead and good for holding the enemy for short periods. Note that Mamelukes can only be made in castles, and castles are expensive. Perhaps, if you can, try engaging his army at various points, this way, you put pressure on the gathering points of the castles, and thus see less mamelukes.

Mamelukes, like camels, have weak peirce armour and should be handled with archers. Their mediocre range makes them vulnerable to gun powder

These are some units you should NEVER use to attack Mamelukes

Units with no upgrades in pierce armour
SHort ranged units
Chu No Ku
Hussars (usually)
Korean Wagons
Units with hp of less than 50
URL | Responder | Citar
 [RoR]xBzHx

Postado 18 de outubro de 2012 - 09:47:04
No short ranged units? Axemens rape memelukes in terms of gold cost., and Chu Ko Nu's own them too.

As written above, you have to think in term of unit combos. Vs pure mam's, any ranged unit will be fine as long as you get a hallb meatshield in front of them. Even WW's can be ok, despite the bonus that mam's have vs them.
URL | Responder | Citar
 [INoV]CarlosFerdinand

Postado 18 de outubro de 2012 - 11:10:12
If you start a game with post-imp as the settinghalberdiers attack vs mamelukes get cut down to half, though no technology that you do will make such an impact if u start with any other setting than post-imp.
URL | Responder | Citar
 [ViCiouS]JAJAJAJ

Postado 18 de outubro de 2012 - 22:04:30
Dude make cobras
fkn nb
URL | Responder | Citar
 Rizi_Bajwa_Rox

Postado 20 de dezembro de 2012 - 14:03:40
just make 30 skirmish 20 halbediers nd 10 scorpions nd 10 hussars(to kill onagers only) .. its the best nd cheapest combo for every civi including sara... except byzantines nd persian
URL | Responder | Citar
 [sT]lys_sword

Postado 23 de dezembro de 2012 - 00:12:09
you lost because he is a better player than you and managed to get better econ to make those mameluke + castle + siege. As for counters, mass archer + hand cannon + onagers + skorpion would be my choice.
URL | Responder | Citar
 +[MM]jason

Postado 13 de novembro de 2013 - 06:42:17
Teutonic Knights
URL | Responder | Citar
 [FaZ3]Dausbindahouse

Postado 28 de janeiro de 2014 - 10:58:36
Skirmishers do well against Mamelukes
URL | Responder | Citar
 [ VGT ]TikitakaAttacka

Editado 28 de janeiro de 2014 - 12:29:28 por [ VGT ]TikitakaAttacka
Mamelukes are superior to cavalry civs (huns, byz and korean wagons), and anyone in CS knows more than anything the threat of mamelukes to their cav

Spamming paladins has always been a good all round tactic with a good economy. As 'noob' as it sounds, Paladins are a good spearhead and good for holding the enemy for short periods. Note that Mamelukes can only be made in castles, and castles are expensive. Perhaps, if you can, try engaging his army at various points, this way, you put pressure on the gathering points of the castles, and thus see less mamelukes.

Mamelukes, like camels, have weak peirce armour and should be handled with archers. Their mediocre range makes them vulnerable to gun powder

These are some units you should NEVER use to attack Mamelukes

Units with no upgrades in pierce armour

SHort ranged units
Chu No Ku
Hussars (usually)
Korean Wagons
Units with hp of less than 50

even tho mamelukes are ranged, they throw scimitars and thats considered melee damage (only unit in the game w/ ranged melee attack). i heard that in a video, hope its still accurate.

maybe that explains why some people have difficulty countering them. looking for pierce armor on the units wont help, you will need melee armor.

use skirms/archers/onagers/hand cannon behind ur meatshields to break apart the line formation.
URL | Responder | Citar
 FranklyFrank

Postado 28 de janeiro de 2014 - 13:57:30
What hte last dude said. Husk get pwnd by Mams so abad it isnt even funny. Friend tried a husk flood yesterday on mamis found outt he hard way they dont do range damage. And it was an actual flood. 11 I was Slinging him the whole time.

URL | Responder | Citar
[1]2
Exibindo 1 - 15 de 25 mensagens
Ir ao Fórum:
1 Usuário(s) estão lendo este tópico (Nos últimos 30 minutos)
0 membros, 1 convidado(s)

Lo más popular ahora:
Word Association (61 usuarios)
New Voobly Client 2.7 (27 usuarios)
1.6 reward campaing (27 usuarios)
CBA PathBlood 1.8.0 (20 usuarios)
AoKTS updates (15 usuarios)