Suggestions to Improve CS Ratings

[DZ]deadlydeo

Grupo: Plano Padrão
Mensagens4229
Editado 20 de Maio de 2012 - 20:35:55 por [DZ]deadlydeo
Do we need ratings in the first place??

If Yes, Decay system would be more than enough at the moment.
URL | Responder | Citar
 L_daVinci

Mensagens42
Editado 20 de Maio de 2012 - 21:40:04 por PR_Green
If you want to find a decent CBA game you do need ratings. Besides why people who does not want ratings complain so much of the top players in the ratings ladder? Seriously are they mad or something? lol
URL | Responder | Citar
 PR_Green

Mensagens885
Postado 20 de Maio de 2012 - 21:40:09
L_daVinci wrote:
If you want to find a decent CBA game you do need ratings. Besides why people who does not want ratings complain so much of the top players in the ratings ladder? Seriously are they mad or something? lol

Because, with a few exceptions they are fake rates.
URL | Responder | Citar
 [Eot_]I3en

Mensagens2278
Postado 20 de Maio de 2012 - 22:04:05
Cba and cba hero can't be in the same ladder, and 4 ladders are enough. The best way to balance that was already found by putting cba hero in the cb ladder.

Even many people won't agree, I believe we have a strong cba community, among which there are very good players.

Even though there are fake rates, after a game in a high quality game, it's easy to tell and they are kicked. Concerning the ones playing against low skilled players, just let them, there will always be some.
URL | Responder | Citar
 _HvS_N0bL3SS_

Mensagens5
Postado 20 de Maio de 2012 - 22:08:29
CS clan ratings are stupid idea to come back.

Most clans like LC, EoT , Bar , Balaam , Rip , Vicious in the past had like 15+ members but only 2-3 usally the best of the team was playing these CS clan rating. So CS Clan rating wasnt represent the CLAN rating but 2-3 players rating .

I remember stories Like LC where they had 19++ i think CS rating? maybe 2k + and then some LC who wasnt allowed to play CS CLan games played and lost points for LC. Then LC leaders decide to kick them out from LC.

So as i said it had never been a real CS CLAN rating but only 2-3 top players from teams .
URL | Responder | Citar
 [7th]Like_Gg___

Mensagens1249
Postado 20 de Maio de 2012 - 22:23:17
Only give points playing tourneys.
URL | Responder | Citar
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Grupo: Most Valuable Player
Mensagens1476
Postado 20 de Maio de 2012 - 22:36:15
But how would this happen? Surely player B would need more games to achieve 1800 rate than player A, so would need significantly more games to achieve 1900?? :S
Might need a completely different type of rating system.
Overall rate would need to be an average rather than adding the rates together.
Then you could have a separate ladder or some kind of system that factored in opponent rate.
Example 2k CBA 2k CB 2k Bloods 2k Alternative 1.5k Opponent = 1900 Overall Rate
URL | Responder | Citar
 White_Devil

Mensagens894
Postado 20 de Maio de 2012 - 22:57:49
Im kinda confusing myself atm I think :P.
But like you have two players.
Player A is 120-80 with a 1800 rate and his average opponents rate is 1800
Player B is 160-40 with a 1900 rate and his average opponents rate is 1600.
Players A rating should be > Player B's rating.
I think that was the point of his post not sure though.

ya my view is bit confusing for me even. i will get back with a clear picture. :)
URL | Responder | Citar
 StalinSpopovich

Mensagens5325
Postado 21 de Maio de 2012 - 00:31:23
If you don't understand English there is no point in replying to me, you can't play Smosh or CBA vs the computer.

to demonstrate that I have that answer right, you know nothing about these maps, thanks for replying so, also are maps that have credit from IGZONE, so missed the year, and cba smosh just play ... that is what most say defend.
URL | Responder | Citar
 __tSn_Ko__

Mensagens6
Postado 21 de Maio de 2012 - 00:48:17
to demonstrate that I have that answer right, you know nothing about these maps, thanks for replying so, also are maps that have credit from IGZONE, so missed the year, and cba smosh just play ... that is what most say defend.
if you think TD needs to be rated you're on crack
URL | Responder | Citar
 [BH_]lnIghTzl

Mensagens9106
Editado 21 de Maio de 2012 - 01:04:24 por [BH_]lnIghTzl
i think everyone should have limited number of accounts on voobly... hate watching the top 20 players not play (don't want to mention names, but quite obvious due to obvious reasons), then maybe they would be more active on their names. hate watching them make new accounts so they can continue to win more points and they stop playing on their main account.. serves no purpose at all, or maybe there should be a set rule in terms of 1v1s.. like they have to be in certain range of the person they are playing, or what other people have said, average overall rate
URL | Responder | Citar
 [ViCiouS]H00dluM

Mensagens910
Postado 21 de Maio de 2012 - 02:27:33
zone didnt have ratings and i had fun on there.
URL | Responder | Citar
 Rambit

Mensagens3609
Postado 21 de Maio de 2012 - 04:49:15
Quote:
add more info to the existing ladder,like % of games won vs same rated players/higher rated players.

This would clearly make it visible for the other players if the player is a teamstacker,noobhunter or has a genuine rate.
How about 'average rating of opponents'?
Quote:
- Change the CS-Overall to be an average of the player's rates, rather than a combined number.
The average would make people not want to try new ladders. They would be better off playing the one they are best at and nothing else.
Quote:
- Remove some unplayed maps from the map pack (bring them back for a few weeks at a time every few months to see what the activity level is)
What is gained by this?
URL | Responder | Citar
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Mensagens607
Postado 21 de Maio de 2012 - 05:14:56
UserNotFound wrote:
What is gained by this?

Donnie already did this for quite a few maps for no reason really.
URL | Responder | Citar
 [DZ]_HERACLES_

Mensagens4340
Postado 21 de Maio de 2012 - 08:07:30
@rambit
average rating of opponents is cool too.

or

how about Rating games w.r.t average rate of the players.

2kgame->4
1.8k->3
1.6k>2
then accordingly award people points such as where a normal game would give a certain player 4 points if he plays a 2k game he stands to win 4 extra points while the loser loses 4 points less,if he plays a 16xx game he wont be rewarded any BONUS POINTS.

OR,

overall rate could be not just an addition of ratings above 16xx and substraction of ratings below 16xx and be something which would represent average skill,which could be average of all the ratings or Be representation of the opponents faced.

URL | Responder | Citar
12[3]45678910
Exibindo 31 - 45 de 139 mensagens
Ir ao Fórum:
3 Usuário(s) estão lendo este tópico (Nos últimos 30 minutos)
0 membros, 3 convidado(s)

Os tópicos mais ativos da última semana: